Work & Travel USA

E-mail Print PDF

What is the USA Work and Travel Program ?

The J-1 visa “Work and Travel Program” allows international college students to visit and work legally in the U.S. for a period of up to 4 months. Sivux Inc handles all details of pre-screening, recruitment, visa approval and participant orientation, including overseas Job Fairs that are free to J-1 applicants and to employers. At the same time it offers a challenging opportunity to intimately experience life and culture in the USA during summer vacation .

The "USA Work and Trave" program allows international students to earn modest spending money to offset some living and expenses during their stay in the U.S. It offers U.S. employers the ability to acquire extra staff to cover busy seasonal positions in peak travel areas of the United States.

The J-1 Visa program allows these students to work for up to four months in the United States with a fifth month reserved for travel if the student chooses.


What is the Work and Travel Abroad?

Looking for a fun and inexpensive way to travel? Work and travel in Turkey or Greece for up to one year and earn money to pay for your adventures! Sivux Work Abroad program provides you with all the guidance and support you need for a successful start to your journey “Down Under.” Our program includes job placement assistance, support and guidance throughout your time abroad, plus perks like free internet access, social opportunities, housing assistance, help with opening a bank account and getting a tax number, and help with arranging travel.


Eligibility Requirements

•U.S. citizen (holding a U.S. passport);

•Aged 18-30

•Must be physically present in the U.S. for the visa application process.

•Have a minimum amount of available funds for their maintenance during the period of stay (approx $2,000-$3,000USD, depending on your planned length of stay)




Program Length

You can choose your own arrival date and how long you want to work, up to a maximum of 12 months. You can even change jobs as you move from one location to the next, giving you the chance to experience different parts of the country.


Types of Jobs

English Language Teacher


Upon arrival, Work Abroad participants receive two nights’ free accommodation in a clean and safe hostel. Our partner staff will provide advice and assistance for finding permanent housing if you need it, and can direct you to resources such as online listings and notice boards. Some jobs include housing.


Local Support

Our partner office in the country where you are working will support and assist you with any questions that may arise during your program. You will be met at the airport upon arrival and transferred to your accommodations. The following day, will receive an orientation covering everything you need to know to get started on your journey.


Travel Arrangements and Visas

You are responsible for booking your airfare and obtaining your visa, but Sivux staff will provide guidance and support whenever you need it.





Follow us to the SNS: